Wednesday 31 October 2012

MTN LFDW 2012; MY TOP 10 LOOKS OFF THE RUNWAY

The MTN Lagos Fashion and Design Week has come and gone, and it was one of the most exciting weeks for me in a long time. I worked backstage, met so many interesting people, and in total had a really nice time. Spent all my time working beside my mentor and friend ,talented stylist Crystal Deroche, and it made the work easier and less stressful. In all the time I was at the event, I was too busy to take pictures of backstage work or even with the lovely people I met; it's a shame, I know.

Anyway, I am sure you have all seen runway pictures from the event, and if you haven't  you can still redeem yourself by checking here and here. There were so many lovely people, loads of buyers and international press; in my opinion it was a huge success. 

Now to the main post of the day, I decided to do a short compilation of the 10 looks off the runway that I really like and wouldn't mind having in my wardrobe :D. Here they are in no particular order

Alali Boutique

 I like this skirt because of its colour arrangement; its really sweet and not too loud plus the transparent bit at the bottom is simply naughty without being sinful. Love the top as well, the draped neck line is soo me

Bridget Awosika

 The high neck and slit chest of this dress just gives me happiness in all sorts of ways, very elegant and demure. The peplum bit at the waist is in vogue right now, but I love how the designer gave it a slight twist to add to its freshness

 Meena

I love about this look is the skirt, its absolutely gorgeous, I can see myself in it, looking effortlessly lovely, hip and young


 House of Marie

This scaly looking pants is one of my absolute favourites, not for anything other than its simplicity

Iconic Invanity 

This metallic top is very simple yet elegant in it own little way, and I love it!

Jewel By Lisa

 This skater dress is too cute for it own good, I can easily think of so many ways of  wearing it either up or down. With this dress, its versatility and simplicity is what makes me love it so

 Lanre Da Silva

This 'butterfly' top is so elegant and girly, it just makes so much statement without uttering a single word 

 Mai Atafo

This midi dress is just so elegant, and the touch of pink is so little and barely there, you would think its a figment of your imagination 

Matthew Williamson

 I love the fire looking designs on the top, its print, but not what we are used to; that's style right there!

Sunny Rose

I adore the colour of this gown, and its elegance is just on another level. Looks like an Indian Sari and at the same Grecian in a little way. The intricate beading is another detail that makes this gown make my top 10 list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)