Saturday 1 December 2012

CREATIVE MINDS - FASHION ILLUSTRATOR, IJEOMA

Let me start off by apologising for the very long silence, there is really no excuse for that, but I would briefly like to state that it was due to the fact that I recently changed jobs. Do I hear congrats? Thanks. OK  now that that is done, lets get back to where we are here - today's post.

I decided to start a segment that showcases people working in fashion; designers, stylists, make up artists, hair stylists, photographers, and the likes. I recently discovered that a lot of people don't really know what goes on behind the scenes in the fashion industry, and I have taken it upon myself to educate you in my own little way.

The first ever Creative Mind (as I want to call them on here) is Ijeoma Joy Ike, she's a fashion illustrator with quite a number of works credited to her. She is based in Lagos, and she studied law from the University of Jos, Nigeria. In her own words, this is how she describes what a fashion illustrator does " basically as a fashion illustrator, what I do is conceptualize designs and bring them out through art (sketches and colours), therefore an illustrator handles the creative part of fashion production".





She started drawing at an early stage in life, drawing images on books, doing portraits and abstract paintings. Over time she has perfected the art of sketching fashion pieces otherwise known as fashion illustration, and this has been a great source of joy and extra income to her pocket.



Her first paid job was with Toju Foyeh- a ready to wear line- as an illustrator, she has also worked with GT House of Nihi to name a few. Check on some of her work below and feel free to drop a comment if you need her services. Did I mention she coaches too? Yeah, she teaches fashion illustration and would be willing to teach who ever is interested at a very reasonable amount. 
















Ijeoma

Kindly send in entries too if you are in fashion and would like to show what you do on this blog, send me an email on mystyleslate.gmail.com. Looking forward to seeing more creative minds send me their work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)