Thursday 10 October 2013

OMBRÉ CHIC



Hello lovelies, hope your week is going well? Let me start off by saying thanks for all your messages, Facebook comments and likes; you made me feel really special. Thank you!

Has anyone noticed the not so  new ombré (\ˈäm-ˌbrā\ ) trend? The one where clothes, hair, lip colour, and sometimes eye shadow fades from light to dark or vice versa. I find it interesting and thought to give it a shot, which was why I decided to try my own ombré hair trend . 


Let me quickly say here that as at the time of taking these pictures, my hair was 3 weeks and some days old. I made braids rather than the conventional weave, just so its a bit different from the norm and mostly cos I don't really like weaves. Yes, I know its a bit strange to say I don't like weaves, but I find that my scalp itches when I do weaves ( even the human hair and all). Might be the heat or something, but I just feel more comfortable in my braids.




 I used Expression colour 1 and 33 or so, cant remember the exact colour of the golden/brown part.



If you are in ilorin and need someone to hook you up with my kind of braids, Lydia (080565488980) is the person to get in touch with. She's been doing my braids since like JSS3 or SS1. Yes, we go waaaaay back.

Her shop is at Amilegbe, adjacent the maternity second gate. Thank me later...


The question most people that have seen me on this hair style have asked is how I maintain it, and I always give the same response; the secrets is shea butter. I put shea butter on my scalp following the lines made by the braids, and then on the attachment itself, I use Above Hairspray and I'm good to go.


My Ankara pants' by Verge Creations (08054347479)


Enjoy the rest of the week!

Pictures courtesy of i-Katching Emages

1 comment:

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)