Sunday 15 December 2013

VEIL AND HENNA

Hello Lovelies, how was your weekend? Mine was fun filled; attended my best friend's wedding.

I had been looking forward to the wedding for two main reasons being that I would get to wear a veil and do laali ( Henna tattoo). It is traditional for the  Muslim bride and her friends to have the laali done as part of the ceremony. I have never had it done before so you can imagine my excitement when the henna women came to paint us!








Another thing that made it all the more fun for me was the veil which is also part of the obligation, especially for the Nikkah ( Islamic joining / marriage). You see, the ceremony was conducted by Islamic clerics, and the veil is part of the complete dressing for a woman.


 I have never had a veil or covered myself in one, so although I could not get it to stay on my head the whole time ( I think it takes practice),  I did a nice job of always pulling it back on though.



 This was my look for the reception. Purple velvet, purple lace and pink & purple head tie was the aso ebi. I choose this milk coloured neck piece ( made by me, as usual) to go with my ensemble.

Pls ignore the black stuffs in my eyes, dunno how they got there. Took all pictures with my phone


I had a blast! I wish the couple a happy married life. I might bring some pictures on here, but I would have to get their permission first.


Its a new week, be expectant and make it count!

9 comments:

  1. wao! u look fab! love ur neck piece ***cute :)

    ladywannabeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alhaja you look beautiful.
    i love henna decorations.
    love your gele and necklace.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol @ Alhaja. Thanks dear

      Always loved henna too, glad I finally got to try it out

      Delete
  3. I like all the dresses and the necklace too :)
    You look gorgeous!

    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab my dear. If not that u are married would have given you to my bro😬.

    Mobolajiadigun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bolaji dear.

      Lol @ giving me to your bro. My hand no dey oooo

      Delete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)