Sunday 12 January 2014

NEW FINDS, NEW LOVES


Hello Lovelies, how did the week go?

I spent most of my free time searching for new loves and possibly healthy addictions and I was lucky to find a few blogs of interest and this beautiful digital magazine; Blanck.



I was drawn to the lovely cover, especially the jewellery on Eku and the lip colour, infact, let me just say the everything about the cover drew me in. You see, I used to be a huge fan of True Love West Africa magazine, turned Flair (albeit they did just one edition under this name), and I have been on the look out for something to take the place of this 'complete' magazine but I have been let down by most of our Nigerian magazines. My love and knowledge for fashion was greatly influenced by True Love whose editor at the time was Bola Atta, I don't know where she is or why they stopped publication, but one thing I know is that I was and still is heart broken by its death.

I am all for attractive covers and even more attractive and informative content, although Blanck hasn't really done it for me content wise, I can say that there is more room for growth. The cover story and interview of Adebayo Oke-Lawal were really nice; I've always thought he had a lot to bring to the table fashion-wise and this interview just cemented that. Oh, and the fashion pages too... love them all; the photography, make up and layout just had me turning the pages on my computer.

One thing that struck me though, was when I discovered who the editor was, I wont lie, I was pleasantly surprised. Franka Asindi Chiedu used to be the editor of Complete Fashion magazine CF ( I've never liked the magazine or understood what the hype is all about), and now she's in charge of this lovely publication. I think  CF was just her testing ground and now she's ready to launch out. I knew something good was up when she started loosing weight and I am proud of her and what she's doing now. 

I am eagerly looking forward to the next edition, and with the people on her team, I am sure I will not be let down. You can find the magazine at blanckdigital.com.


Of all my new blog finds, I found Diary By Emmy to be the most daring. This blog which is owned and written by designer (some say turned blogger) Emmy Collins. I used to like his designs way back, before the new crop of male designers came up.



Mr Collins says it as it is, he is the one Nigerian fashion critic that I know who calls a spade a spade without mincing words. Although sometimes I don't agree with some of his criticisms, I totally relate to most, I just don't have as much liver as he does. Cos to be honest, I sometimes wonder what our celebrities or their stylists think when they put some looks together. But as they say, each to his/her own and moreover its not all rich or influential people that have style, as it is inborn; you either have it or you don't.


I sincerly do hope you have a nice week.

Love,

Adesewa

10 comments:

  1. i feel he over hates some people for no just cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Like he has personal beefs with some people. I still like him tho...

      Delete
  2. He could be irritating, but, sometimes he's brutally honest. Btw, Eku is a babe and a half

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewa where are you? I nominated you for the liebster award, pick it up on my blog oh

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love diary by Emmy too
    www.damiesdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)