Saturday 12 April 2014

STEP BY STEP

Hello Lovelies. Week was awesome, I hope?

You know how they say the journey of a lifetime begins with a step? I have often heard people say it, but up until now, I haven't really given it a thorough thought before. I am currently on this journey into motherhood, and I can categorically state that it does truly begins with a step, and another one and another one. I take each day as it comes cos i dont want to be overwhelmed or stress myself too much.



 Apart from the changes in my body which is now very glaring, there have been several changes in my daily routine. How do I explain how I now LOVE walking and driving barefooted? I have never seen myself as that kind of a person, in fact I considered those who drive barefooted to be local or something. Well, I have officially joined the league!

I have always liked drinking water, but the rate at which I now drink is very alarming and if I visited someone, I might be too embarrassed to ask for water. I literally gulp water like I've been walking in the desert for days without any drink.


 The love I have for roasted corn is very unreal; I buy and can't wait to get home to dive into it. I just break it into two halves and munch away, never minding who is watching. Na so e dey hungry me reach? I can't answer that,  but I just enjoy the pleasure of the smell of the corn and the jaw exercise. The corn issue is so bad that the woman knows I won't come down from the car, and she knows how much I'm buying and how I like it roasted. All she does is package it and send it through her daughter, with whom I have now become friends.


As for fruits, I still like my carrots and cucumber, and I thank God for freeing me from the shackles of agbalumo ( btw, who knows the English name of that fruit?). My current fruit obsession is with mango and cashew, got my hubby climbing trees in search of mango, and always on the look out for cashew trees.


Before now, I used to indulge in sweets, chocolates and ice cream, but these days, my sweet tooth has seemed to magically disappeared, and this I am sincerely grateful for. I am rapidly (or so I feel) gaining weight and those things wont help me at all.


In all, I eat what I want in moderation and keep my mouth shut about it. I discovered many people have different theories about what an expectant mother should or should not eat . When people say what they know or have heard or believe, I just smile encouragingly without uttering a word. I know what I want, and I will have it, I don't have to tell anyone, unless, of course I get caught. :)

PS: Shout out to my mum for this lovely top, it has become one of my favourites. I made the necklace myself, as usual. I've had the beads for like 5 years or so. Stumbled on it when I was moving from my mother's house to my husband's and I've been back to rocking it ever since :)

8 comments:

  1. Awww see the way you are glowing! Please eat whatever but sha prepare for exercise to trim down back and shoutout to Oga for taking care of you! Thanks to mum too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its the exercise part thats my major concern o! God help me

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you dearie! My Sewa soon-to-be a mummy....... God has really been good to us. Shout out to mummy for the kovely top and to daddy-to-be for climbing mango trees (laughs). Wonderful blog! I enjoy coming back here often. God bless you dearie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear, He indeed has been good. Miss ya!

      Delete
  3. You look great
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you didn't send me this picture. You're glowing, you should have a baby every year :D

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)