Monday 7 April 2014

THIEF, STOP!!!

I have given this issue several thoughts over and over again and I thought to put it into writing. I have seen and heard people say things like '' She is a husband snatcher'', '' He is a wife snatcher'' and the response I always give when I have the chance is to say '' He / She didn't snatch anybody'' . I mean people are not items that can be snatched or taken at gun point.




Your partner left or cheated NOT because the new person 'snatched' him/her, your partner left because he/she was willing to. Now this might be a concious effort or a subconscious one ( if there is anything like that) on the part of your partner. You might say ''but he/she was snatched by his/her wicked co worker, fellow church member or old girl/boy friend''. I don't think so, and I will go ahead and explain myself

  • In a relationship, there are bound to be differences; of cultures, ideologies, beliefs etc, unless of course you guys are not being truthful to each other. Even those who claim to have everything in common, still have slight differences. So, in view of this, there is bound to be  disagreement every now and again and the way you both decide to treat this disagreement is entirely up to you. I've heard people defend cheating or leaving a relationship on the grounds that their partners are unforgiving or quarrelsome , so they found solace in a kinder person. REALLY??? Is that even an excuse? What happened to communication or even couples counselling?
  • ''I'm cheating/cheated cos my partner isn't who they used to be, he/she has completely changed'' Look closely dear, and I am sure you will find that you have changed as well. The wear and tear syndrome ( as I like to call it) happens in every relationship, it is how you choose to deal with it that matters. Again communication comes to being; talk, talk and finally take action. Go on dates, give surprise gifts etc, whatever you guys used to do back then.
  • People will offer you shit, it is up to you whether to drink up or pour it across their face. Let me make an example to make this clear:  You are a married man, a co worker asks you to help her get fuel ( assuming there is fuel scarcity), and as the gentleman you are, you oblige. This happens like three times in a week, and the next thing you know, she's telling you her generator is faulty, you go over to hers with you generator man ( this is completely harmless, right?). Next she asks you to get lunch together with her, next thing you know she's inviting you to a friends party. All in the mean time, you are having problems with your spouse, and rather than talk it out, you lean on the needy co worker who unknowingly or maybe even knowingly to you is trying to have a sexual relationship with you. My brother, You were not snatched, you willingly, with your two legs and two eyes wide open entered into a deal that will not have a good ending.
  • ''He used juju / voodoo to cover my eyes and senses'' My sister, for juju to work on you, there must have been a level of closeness. From my knowledge of juju, thanks to Africa Magic Yoruba is that most love charms are ingested. You must have some level of familiarity or should I say trust before someone will bring you specially made efo riro with big bush meat and assorted meat, and you will eat it without batting an eyelash, even if he is the only male chef you've ever met. 
What I am saying in essence is that with cheating, there is always some element of aiding and abetting. Your a partner is a willing party to it, NO, he/she wasn't snatched.

This is my personal opinion, I might be wrong. I just wanted to make my point known to as many as read my blog, as always, leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Every once in a while, I will be putting my thoughts into writing on here, that is thoughts that may not be fashion related.

Hope y'all had a productive Monday?

14 comments:

  1. You couldn't have put it any better. God please send me the bone of my bones,the man from whose ribcage one bone was taken to create me. This whole snatching thing self tire me. That's why I always say people shouldn't lose their identity because they are dating, with time boredom will set in but variety is the spice of life. Also three is a crowd in a relationship. A shoulder to cry on might become a disk to ride on later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say a big Amen on your behalf dear.

      True talk

      Delete
  2. Very well said, I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone in this school of thought

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm, Perfect wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. right,100 percent correct,pls can i repost on fb or anoda blog?thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls feel free, just make sure you put a link back to this blog as the source :)

      Delete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)