Friday 2 May 2014

MAGA NO NEED PAY. OR DOES S/HE ?

When I was a lot younger, I used to dream of having a fantastic job when I grow up, reason being that I loved ( and still love) nice things. I wanted to be able to buy fancy shoes and designer bags, strutting my stuff to lunch with friends or lounging at the beach with the family in some exotic place.  However, as I grew up, I realised that life is not bread and butter, and not everyone would be able to afford the kind of life I envisioned. 




I realised that although other people have come to this realisation as well, they are still determined to 'live the life'. And in living the life, they are not the least bit concerned about how they achieve that aim. I hear people talk about how they have to date and hopefully eventually so and so, in order to be able to afford the good things of life. While I am not in support of marrying or dating for the sole purpose of money, I wouldn't advice anyone to  marry a 'poor' person ( poor is relative, everyone has his/her own definition and yardstick for measuring it).

What happens when you marry someone who is very rich and s/he just cant make you happy? I know it is a popular saying that ''its easier to cry in a limousine than in a molue'' or something in that light. What I'm saying is , I know money makes everything easier to manage; but can it bring true happiness? I know people who would boldly say NO, and I know others that would say yes whole heartedly.

Nothing lasts forever, and this is the case for some people; what happens if things don't go as smooth as planned and the funds start to diminish?

What happened to the old fashioned way of working your butt off to be able to afford what you want? And in my opinion, you attract your kind. I know this isn't always the case, but you gotta try.

No one likes to be fully depended upon, even our parents, that's why they sent us to school to learn and eventually be able to afford our own houses and cars, and in my case, fancy things




3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm, firstly God please give me the bones of my bones. You know my parents inspire me a lot. Around 1994 I think, I was 4, primary school and the salary was nothing. My elder brother and I would have to break those yellow pako ruler into two, same for pencil and eraser, we couldn't afford one egg each on our lunch so my mum would share one egg for us.the night before and share another on the lunch we would take to school. Mhen I wouldn't say I tasted.poverty but I tasted hardship, fastforward now before my parents got to the top of their career, I swore in school never to do sugar daddy even though they disturbed me. The good thing about me is my friends know am content with.what I have, what is in vogue doesn't enter my eyes. I think girls especially should use their brains instead of their bodies to get what they want. Bottom power can't.get us everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, well said dear, Bottom power can only get someone so far

      Delete
  2. Being independent gives you that pride and dignity, (easier said than done). Persistence is the only key to being successfull. The big mistake most girls would choose nowadays is "cry in a limo than smile in a molue". A similar topic to this arised in class and the conclusive part of it all is "don't go too cheap, don't choose # over your happiness, work hard, follow your heart and all other things(money, house and fancy things) shall be added unto you.

    Auspiciousdeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)