Sunday 3 November 2013

PINK STAR UP FOR GRABS!

The worlds largest pink diamond will be up for your taking if you can afford it very soon ; 13th November to be exact. Great news yeah?! I know...

This rare beauty, which weighs a whooping 59.60 carats, is the largest internally flawless pink diamond that the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) has ever graded.



To be auctioned in Geneva, the 'Pink Star'  is the most valuable diamond to be offered at an auction, estimated  to fetch over $60 million.

What I find most interesting in all this is that this rare jewel was discovered in Africa in 1999. Someone's life must have been transformed by this exceptional rock. Wish I was the one that discovered and sold it... But oh well...

In other news, did you see the solar eclipse this afternoon? I did, and although it was partial here, it was a sight to behold.  If I can't have the Pink Star, I can atleast see the eclipse; its free.



2 comments:

  1. lol will really loved to have found that diamond.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)