Sunday 10 November 2013

PINK ACCORDION

Hello Lovelies! Hope the weekend was fun? Mine was; got to attend a wedding. Now, before you start thinking what's special about a wedding, I have a thing for weddings, just love seeing so many happy people at the same time in one place, for a good cause. Oh, and cos I love dressing up too.




This is the first major outing I'm having since my wedding, and quite frankly, I was a bit concerned about what to wear. I know it is the norm (well, I think) for newly weds to dress up all madamish, just to symbolise that they are off the market and all, but I realised I don't have to do the norm. After all, I am still myself, nothing has changed, well, my last name and address, but that's just about it.

Anyway sha, after thinking about what my grandma ( she always jokingly tells me to wear more native styles), and other older people would say about my outfit, I finally settled for this golden-black accordion midi dress from Asos.


Let me apologise for the quality of these pictures, I took them with my phone. Busola wasn't available to take those fancy ones :(

Before I go any further, let me just point out that I made this neck piece myself; one of many, which I think I might have to start showing off more often 


My earring is also form Asos, the clutch is New Look. The turban looking thing, I tied myself, was tired of the everyday Pashmina tying style, so I gave it a little spin. Got more styles of headwraps to show off, might do a post on that soon. Watch this space...



I would normally not buy a midi dress, but this particular one was said on Asos to be a maxi! I received it and it turned out to a midi, well, I didn't mind cos I love the back. The slit at the back actually runs a bit lower than I'm willing to cope with, so I got a black tube to cover up.

I believe I was modest enough; I believe that's the reason behind the madam dressing ladies do. Or I might be wrong.

In all, I enjoyed myself, and for me that's the ultimate.

Its the beginning of a new week, let's make it count! 

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on your recent wedding. you look very lovely in that outfit.
    i love the head wrap and necklace.

    ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Love the combination.


    Mobolajiadigun.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are beautiful!!!!!!! I want that eyepiece too!!!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amaka, all na photo trick! Lol

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Well done on the neck piece....Lovely!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)