Sunday 27 January 2013

SUNDAY BEST - YELLOW KENTE



Hi guys, trust you all had a lovely week, and an even more eventful weekend? My week was alright, was down for some days, had hair troubles, but I'm still here.


Let me quickly give you a brief lowdown of my hair palaver; because of the extreme heat in ilorin, I had to take out my weave and I decided to go get a hair cut. I used to wear my hair a little low ( see here for pictures), so I figured that would be perfect for the weather but little did I know. I left work and went to the salon to get the hair trimmed since the original style was still evident, just that it had grown a lot. To cut the long story short, the stylist finished with the hair and it came out sooo limp, I wished I could pick up the cut off pieces and stick them back on. 

A few days after, I decided to braid it, cos that was the only remedy as I didn't want to have a weave done. Spent about 3hrs doing kinky braids which I again took out after a two days cos of the heat and cos it didn't just come out the way I wanted, coupled with severe headaches.

Anyways, that is the story of how I have resorted to tying a scarf, cos I honestly cant be bothered. And then the heat is still very much around, and I would choose comfort over any other option any day. I hope I feel better this new week and come up with a style that will be comfortable to wear this season



I am wearing this Kente material which a certain special person got me on a trip to Ghana, made this skirt out of it, which I really like. I gave it to my tailor and described what I wanted and she did quite a nice job of bringing it to life


 It's a pretty basic style, but I love the tail bit at the back, gives it a little interesting twist


Feel free to copy this style please, but send me a picture of you rocking it if you do.

I wish everyone a drama free week. Enjoy!

Images courtesy of i-Katching Emages

8 comments:

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)