Friday 8 February 2013

PLAY DRESS UP 3


This is the third outfit I wore to play dress up, decided to unleash my inner boyishness. I am aware that most people have an alter ego, I like to believe mine is being a boy. Someone actually told me I remind him of his brother, dunno if that's a compliment or an insult. Lol!

I know I'm sometimes drawn to male clothes and accessories; just something not too girly. And other times I'm just your girl next door wearing a floral dress and pink shoes. Guess it all depends on my mood...



I actually got this chambray shirt from the men's aisle at Matalan and I really love it. Wish I had bought more, maybe in a bigger size as well, to go with my different styles of wearing it. I would have pointed out where to get similar, but if you have a father, brother or boyfriend, all you need do is take one of their shirts and claim ownership. I mean, why buy what you can easily take from someone who probably doesn't even remember they had them? Lol! If you are challenged, tell them to direct their questions and concerns to me. Hehe

If by some weird chance you do not have a brother, father or boyfriend (I recently just left this category, so I understand),  or you would rather buy yours, kindly find similar here . 

Is it just me or is it actually sexy to wear a man's shirt? Oh, well...


These ear tunnels are by far the one of the most exciting accessories I have currently; the looks I get when I wear them gives me fashgasm that lasts for days, or until I wear them again even. The looks range from surprise, to disbelief, to horror and sometimes outright shock. When I get those looks, it just makes me happy; I mean what is fashion if its not sometimes different from the norm?

I've been asked by complete strangers if I actually had a log (albeit tiny) of wood drilled into my ear piercing. Depending on my mood, I might decide to shock them further by saying Yes, or just put them out of their despair and say a kind No.


My Beetle brooch is from Topshop, so are my ear tunnels. In my opinion, they have the best accessories for people who like to put a little ummph into their style. They have the most exciting and different accessories at a high quality for prices that wont break your back. Closely followed by River Island, and then the rest can from a queue behind them.

Kindly recommend any Nigerian brand that has equally exciting accessories, I know we have them. I personally just dont know where they are or how to find them, help please. Thanks

My 'Juicy' brooch is from Very Beryl, got it in a good bag I got from one of the shows from London Fashion Week last year. Too bad I'm missing this year's, will try to bring you street style pictures from this year's if I can



My newspaper boy hat was given to me by my much older friend, who himself had had it for years before passing it on to me. I find it cool that the hat has a lot of history, and probably has been in more cities than me; makes me feel like part of something. So yeah, my hat is definitely vintage, how awesome is that?!

Have a fantastic weekend lovelies! 

Details of my Valentines scrap book coming up in the next post; stay tuned



Images courtesy of i-katching Emages

6 comments:

Drop your comments, love to know what you think :)